Saturday, July 21, 2007

New Music!!!!!!!!

Well, I haven't recorded anything in a while. However, I have been listening to a ton of new music over the last six months that I'd like to share.

First off let me introduce L.E.O. . Not E.L.O.

An artist from the Boston area named Bleu, the bass player for Chicago, and Hanson (that's right) have formed a temporary group that sounds a lot like E.L.O. and/or the Traveling Wilbury's. Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/bleuleo I was raised on ELO and the Beatles, so this is right up my alley. Also, a great PFR alternative. :)

Second, check out Starfield. Here is their myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/starfieldace.com/starfield Good writing and tons of falsetto! And hey! You gotta be pretty good if you can get Chris Tomlin to sing backup for you. (check out "Son of God" on iTunes)

Ok, next is my all time favorite worship project ever. New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado has put a CD/DVD called "My Savior Lives". It's awesome to put it mildly. The songs are great, the vocals are all edited tastefully so repeated listening is easy, and the DVD (sold seperately) has a guy in his forties jumping up and down while he leads worship.


You've got Ross Parsley, Jared Anderson, Jon Egan, and Glenn Packiam's songs. You've got the Desperation Band jammin' in the back. You got 10 buxx and you've got yourself a taste of heaven. http://www.myspace.com/newlifeworshipexperience

What else.... Oh yeah. Lincoln Brewster's "All to you...Live" is good stuff yall. I saw Lincoln on my honeymoon while he was playing guitar for Michael W. Smith. Smitty introduced him and said that he would be awesome but, well... some people think Hasselhoff is awesome so I don't just take everyone's word about things. :) Check the CD out. It's got a remake of "Hallelujah" from the movie Shrek. Pretty good stuff. http://www.myspace.com/lincolnbrewster

I sat through a class that he taught during a worship conference last week and I got a kick out of his approach to being a worship leader on staff at a church. Two things stuck with me. First he said that he prefers the slow songs but his church really would rather "rock their faces off". Seconde he told us that if anyone ever complains about the worship service, he calls the office to check and see if that person tithes and if they don't he just diregards their comments. Hmmmph.
Well, check them out. They're sooooo worth it.

2 comments:

Luke Coles said...

Thanks for sharing.

PariseHym said...

Saw you did a Brewster workshop. Was that in Oakdale? I see that a church in Oakdale is also having John Standefer workshop last part of May that sounds very good also. You folk are pretty busy there I also see that there is a training seminar for kids coming to your community towards the end of April. You guys in Oakdale really take ministry serious !!!
Keep it up !!! That's the work of the church.