Friday, May 11, 2007

Gut-Update

OK, it's been six weeks now of running and eating less. I'm now running 1.6 miles on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings (around 5:30) and I'm TRYING to stay under 1750 calories a day. I've never played sports, so exercising this much is a HUGE deal for me. I'm so surprised that I'm still doing it, and my biggest motivation to keep at it is that I don't want to throw away the last 6 weeks. I just hope my knees can keep up. They are always uncomfortable but never really "hurt".

I'm posting this to keep track of my progress and the hope that someone will pray that I keep this up for the rest of my life. (I have to keep up with four boys and it's not been getting any easier) So far I've lost 13-14 pounds. But I've plateaued. I think I'm going to start doing sit-ups or crunches. Reason: I can't suck in my love handles. :)

Oh yeah, I'm also drinking a ton of Diet Coke. I tried the new Diet Coke plus but I have a hard time with the taste difference. "It's not you Diet Coke Plus, it's me." :) It's kind of like Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin Pie. The tastes are just too close for me. I have to pick one and ditch the other. So I'm stickin with the sweet nectar of the old reliable Silver Bullet.

However, I can't figure out what the apostle Paul meant by "buffet my body". http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%209:27;&version=45;
All the buffets I know of only make me fatter!

We'll see what happens. I hope to be down to 145 soon. I'm keeping my fat cells crossed!

1 comment:

Luke Coles said...

Keep up the good work brother. I HATE running myself, but I know I feel better in the end.